Gregg Ward, Speaker & Author
Speaker, Author, Consultant, Facilitator, Trainer, Executive Coach, and Entrepreneurial Business Owner. A former specialist trainer for the New York City Police Department, Gregg’s focus for over 25 years has been on respect and leadership, and on the powerful and measureable benefits that they bring to leaders and their organizations.
- The Respectful Leader: Seven Ways to Influence Without Intimidation. A Business Fable.
- Bad Behavior, People Problems & Sticky Situations: A Toolbook for Managers
Taught By Sports Legends. The son of world-famous New York Daily News sportswriter Gene Ward, Gregg was introduced at a young age to scores of sports legends from professional football, tennis and the Olympics. These heroes had a profound impact on Gregg, teaching him the enormous value of determination, hard work, leadership and respect.
Serving the NYPD. Then, in 1986 while working as a professional theater artist in New York, Gregg received an unexpected invitation from the NYPD that literally changed the course of his life. Collaborating with a team of experts, Gregg developed a powerful “experiential learning” program for police officers that utilized Gregg’s performance, improvisational and facilitation skills. It was considered a huge success by NYPD’s leadership and was featured in major media including The New York Times and CNN.
Decades of Experience. Since then Gregg has developed and delivered over 2,500 separate keynote speeches, programs and seminars using his unique techniques; facilitated scores of strategic planning sessions and offsite meetings for global corporations; appeared on network television and radio, written numerous books and articles; and coached hundreds of senior executives and managers throughout North America and Western Europe.
Custom-Created Presentations. From a keynote presentation for an audience as large as 3,500 for Kraft Foods to facilitating a strategic offsite meeting for the leadership of The US Navy, SPAWAR…from moderating a C-Suite executive panel discussion for Ericsson Wireless to leading small-group seminars for professional associations…Gregg Ward has experience in virtually every type of platform situation. Gregg will custom-create an interactive, powerful and unforgettably motivating experience especially tailored for your unique audience.
Gregg Ward knows that common sense in the workplace is not necessarily common practice. Read The Respectful Leader to learn how the simple act of treating others with respect can transform individuals for the greater good.▴
Gregg Ward's incredible sense of respect and appreciation for supporting others through listening and motivating provide him a premier point of expertise in identifying the essential skills every leader should exercise to become more effective.▴
The work is incredibly effective. They don’t dabble in organization development theory or play the guru. They work closely with organizations to learn your culture thoroughly and then reflect it back in truly powerful ways.▴
Top Speech | The Respectful Leader
Based on his new book, Gregg tells the story of a hot-headed business leader who discovers that disrespect is killing his company from the inside out, destroying morale and profits, and increasing conflict and turnover. Our hero sets off on a journey to learn what respect really is, to understand its enormous impact on the bottom line, and how to remake himself into The Respectful Leader who creates a successful business culture in which every stakeholder is valued and respected.
- How Respect/Disrespect is assumed, developed, earned and lost
- Brain science around giving and receiving Respect and Disrespect
- The concept of The Respect Strength Meter™ and how we unconsciously check it in every relationship
- How Respect is the key to workplace collaboration
- The Seven RespectfulDo’s and the Five RespectfulDon’ts
- How Respectful Leadership drives off-the-charts business results
Top Speech | Leadership Presence
Gregg introduces and explains the incredible power of stillness. Based on his years of experience as a professional actor in New York and London, and on his long-time collaboration with Cynthia Burnham – expert speaker and author of The Charisma Edge – Gregg demonstrates the enormous power and effectiveness of “stillness” and how it is the core skill of leadership presence. The truth is that while many of today’s leaders are technical geniuses, their leadership presence skill – to powerfully influence others, command a room, and speak so authoritatively that everyone hangs on every word – could use a significant upgrade. Introducing special concepts and techniques around grounding themselves, managing nerves, movement, breathing, and vocal resonance and depth, Gregg quickly helps audiences surprise themselves as to how still, confident and powerful they can become in a very short while.
- The brain science of why public speaking is everyone’s number one fear
- Deep breathing techniques that will save you in every situation
- The top ten verbal and physical distractors and how to reduce them down to nothing
- The leadership lessons within embodied cognition
- How to diplomatically de-escalate high-tension moments
- The power of storytelling to influence others
Top Speech | Bad Behavior & Sticky Situations
Gregg offers insights, techniques and practice for talking to your employees, colleagues, boss or even your CEO about bad behavior, people problems and sticky situations. Based on his first book, this highly engaging and informative program goes straight to the heart of the kinds of workplace challenges that upend careers, destroy respect, teamwork and trust, and cost organizations a bundle. By explaining the relationship dynamics at play in every organization, and teaching the tools and techniques for communicating calmly and effectively with even the most difficult people, Gregg helps audiences gain valuable skills and high levels of confidence in talking about things that matter most, but no one wants to discuss. Then, drawing on his years of experience as a professional stage actor in New York and London, Gregg transforms himself into your employee, colleague, boss or CEO inviting program participants up on stage to practice their new skills in an unforgettable, confidence-building experience that will have your audience talking about it for years.
- The Top 10 Bad Behaviors, People Problems & Sticky Situations that every organization will experience sooner or later
- The Art & Science of Direct Communication
- Building A Business Case for The Difficult Discussion
- The Key Tools & Techniques for Breaking It To Them Effectively
- The One Up, One Down Hierarchical Trap and How to Escape It
- Self-Management When The Tension Is Really, Really High
- Getting Agreement On Behavioral Change – even from the CEO!